New in 2019 – Scholarship for Canadians wishing to study in UK
London, UK – From 2019, the Canada Memorial Foundation will be offering fully funded one-year scholarships for high-potential Canadians wishing to study at a leading UK university. The scholarship award will include all tuition fees, travel and a living stipend.
Since 1998, the Canada Memorial Foundation has provided scholarships to 24 British post-graduates studying for their Masters degrees in Canada. The range of dissertations and Universities has been broad, including topics spanning, among others, Law at McGill, Physics at the Perimeter Institute at Waterloo, Bioinformatics at Ottawa and Zoology at UBC. The Trustees have secured funding to do a reciprocal scholarship, bringing Canadians to the UK, also under the auspices of the Canada Memorial Foundation.
Initially, the scholarship is being targeted at future political leaders wishing to pursue a Masters in Public policy or related degree at one of the UK’s leading Universities. Successful candidates will be Canadian university graduate students who can demonstrate through the application process that they:
- Have a convincing reason to study at a top Public Policy university in the UK
- Have an offer from the chosen University
- Communicate knowledge of and passion for their subject
- Intend to return to Canada to become a leader
- Have proven, strong academic achievement
- Demonstrate Canadian pride and ambassadorial skills for a connected Canada and Great Britain
- Hold a Canadian passport
- Have relevant work experience (minimum 3 years) and are aged under 28 at the application deadline.
Application forms will be screened by a panel of trustees and academics, and up to 8 candidates will be interviewed in person by the panel. More details on the application process and deadline coming soon!